Excel Evacuation Stair Chairs from Evacusafe
Evacusafe’s Tracked Evacuation Stair Chairs are designed to enable the safe and comfortable evacuation of mobility impaired people in the event of an emergency, such as a fire. A person may be unable to evacuate their self from a building due to disability, an injury, mental health, pregnancy or other medical conditions. All Evacusafe evacuation chairs are designed for easy-of-use on stairways and fire escapes, as well as along flat surfaces.
The Excel model is Evacusafe’s top selling Tracked Evacuation Stair Chair and upgrade to their Standard model with additional features for additional comfort and safety. Lightweight yet incredibly strong, the chair is suitable for people of varying size and weight, from small children up to bariatric; fully certified to a weight load of 500lbs. Specially designed tracks come into play on stairways, creating friction which acts as a brake to slow the descent and allow a smooth, controlled operation. Once ground level has been reached the handle folds away and the chair can be used as a temporary wheelchair. With a firm FLAT seat and armrests the evacuee can remain comfortable for long periods.
When not in use the chairs simply fold flat and are stored neatly on the wall with the hooks that are supplied. A tough plastic, long lasting cover is also provided as standard and this will help keep the equipment clean and ready for use.
These chairs can be found in many commercial buildings, hospitals, care homes, hotels, restaurants, schools, shopping centers, government buildings and public buildings around the world; including the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, which is officially the world’s tallest building.
Key features and benefits:
- Ideal for stairway evacuation, either up or down stairs
- One-step setup offers fast deployments and ease of use
- Extremely versatile for optimum maneuverability
- Cushioned head rest
- Full chest support strap (quick release)
- Weight bearing arm rests
- Flat comfortable seat
- Leg support strap
- Foot rest
- Built in carry handles that can be used to go up stairs
- Foot operated brake
- Load capacity of 500lbs
- Wide, more comfortable chair
- Certified training packages available
Standard Model Evacuation Chair
This entry level tracked evacuation chair provides a basic and cost-effective solution for those with limited budget spend without compromising on performance. Much like the Excel model (above) the Standard model is also very popular and can be found in hospitals, hotels, shopping centers, government buildings, business premises, industrial units and a multitude of other venues across the globe.
Key features and benefits:
- 4 permanently deployed wheels with safety break on rear
- A flat seat
- Arm and foot rests
- Padded head cushion
- Metal buckle lap safety belt
- Anti-slip operator handles
- Fold flat for wall mounting
- Easy and safe manoeuvrability when on any level ground
- Familiar and comfortable seating position
- Foot and arm rests help to relax the client
- Cushion offers support of head during the descent
- Client feels secure once fastened
- Extra handling grip for operator during use
- Takes up minimal wall space